NOTICE OF CHANGE TO VIRTUAL MEETING FORMAT FOR THE IAPN 14th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Due to the ongoing public health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to support the health and safety of all delegates and the host country, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2021 IAPN Annual 14th Scientific Conference. (‘’Kigali 2021”) will now be held in a virtual-only one day meeting format, solely by means of remote communication. Delegates will not be able to attend the conference physically in person.
The new date to have this one day event is July 28yj, 2021 from 11am – 5pm (Nigeria time) the event will be hosted via zoom platform, Information regarding log in ID is provided below and will also be available on the event flyer and on our different social media pages. Please kindly note the time difference in your local area to match this time and date.
The conference will be open to all participants worldwide; there is no fee to attend, individual can join in at the convenient of their home, We encourage all intending delegates to test their browser in advance from the computer, tablet, or mobile device that they plan to use to log in to the conference and also the coordinators in each region are making effort to source a viewing centre where small number could congregate and still be part of the event.
For those that will like to present a paper at the conference, we are still accepting submission of abstract until Thursday 29th of April 2021. Please kindly ensure that your abstract addresses the main theme and or the sub theme of the conference.
We currently expect to be back to COVID normal next year and hopefully an in person conference would be feasible, any decision regarding the location and format of future conference would be announce before the end of this year 2021.
Thank you for your usual cooperation and support and we look forward to meeting you virtually on the 28th July 2021.
Conference Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 886 9907 2328
Secretary- Global Operations
The International Association for Psychiatric Nurses (IAPN) Planning Committee in collaboration with University of Rwanda School of Nursing and Midwifery and Rwanda Society for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses welcome your abstract submissions for oral, poster and panel presentations. All abstract submissions should use the abstract template and be submitted as pdf or doc. Abstract can also be emailed to email@example.com
- Abstracts not exceeding 250 words for oral and poster presentation and 400 words for panel and pre-conference workshop presentation must be submitted by email with the subject “Rwanda 2021” to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded on our website in pdf or doc format using the abstract template.
- Where hopeful presenters have submitted multiple abstracts, the abstract review committee will make best efforts to ensure that presenters are not invited to present more than two abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Any presenter who is unable to attend can arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes permission for the conference organizers to publish it in either printed or electronic format for conference promotional purposes.
- Please indicate at the bottom of your abstract whether you would like to give an oral, poster, or panel.
- Panel presentations must span an entire session and not exceed 1.5 hours. Panel proposals must include session title, description, participants, format, audio-visual equipment needs. Proposal descriptions must clearly state objectives of the presentation and demonstrate relevance to one of the sub-themes of the conference.
- All abstracts submitted will be considered eligible for one type of presentation: oral, poster, or panel. The decision of the Abstract Review Committee regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
- Abstracts or proposals that do not meet the required format will not be considered.
- Kindly indicate whether your abstract submission is for a virtual presentation only.
- Participants are responsible for registration, travel, meals, and hotel costs.
Kigali 2021 Sub-Themes
- Living with Trauma of Pandemic: Global Approach
- Psychological Effects of Physical Distancing on Children During COVID 19 Lockdown
- Resilience in a Global Pandemic: The Role of Mental Health Services
- Emerging Nursing Role in Stabilizing Traumatic Global Health
- Preventing Health Care Workers Burnout post COVID 19
- Trauma, Healing, and Peace Building
- Mental Health Crisis Intervention: A Collaborative Approach
- Addressing Mental Illness in Africa: Global Health Challenges and Opportunities
- Perinatal Mental Health in the era of COVID 19
Presentation Preference: (Oral, Poster, or Panel)
- Title (Limit to 15 words)
- Corresponding Author, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
- Co-Authors: Author #2, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country; Author #N, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
- Corresponding Author Contact Information: email@example.com, (XXX) XXX-XXXX
- Consider including the following information in the abstract, when relevant:
Oral presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Oral presentations will have 20-minute time slots and 5 minutes for questions from the audience. Submit abstract using Abstract Template.
Our 45-minute poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Submissions should represent original empirical research, theoretical development, or reviews. Poster submissions should use the Abstract Template.
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising multiple (but related) presentations. Each panel presentation session will be 50 minutes long, with 30 minutes for the presentation and 20 minutes for discussion. A panel proposal should use the Abstract Template and must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the presentation. Panel presentations that bring together experts for interactive discussions should outline questions that will be addressed by the panel.
Kindly indicate whether your abstract submission is for a virtual presentation only.